Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen

3 posters

Go down

Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen Empty Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen

Post by Willow Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Despite the now no DRM Xbox One the shift to digital / DRM will happen according to the former Epic games designer http://www.computerandvideogames.com/415733/bleszinski-the-shift-to-digital-is-still-going-to-happen/

Eventually the shift from discs to digital will happen resulting in DRM where a game is locked to your account like steam, which I have no issue with as I am used to it.

It will be slower than it was supposed to be in my opinion, they will try to encourage people to buy digital version, shame they cant have sales like steam that will get people of discs, but that will damage shops which sell the consoles, Steam does not have that issue
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen Empty Re: Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen

Post by Shifty McNinja Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

I agree, and feel  it needs to happen to help developers with rising game costs.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen Empty Re: Bleszinski: Shift to digital will happen

Post by Willow Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 am

I believe that the rising cost of games development is unsustainable, games have to sell way too many copy's to make a profit, apparently the recent Metro Last Light game was made on a low budget!

so costs can be brought down, the fact both the next gen systems are very similar in specs will made multiplatform development easier and hence help with costs.

things like special digital editions may appear like they do on steam with extra bonuses. I bet if a games is say £40 in a shop and £40 via console, they would make more money out of the digital version, no shops cut and need to make discs.

either way the upcoming set of consoles will be interesting!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 am

The move to digital was always going to happen it was just a matter of time until someone made the move. Microsoft made the gamble of doing it from the start of next gen but people werent ready for it and they backtracked.

I think that MS will roll out the drm again in a few years time and if it goes well for them then sony will follow suit.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:15 am

they will roll it out gradually now, will start with a few exclusives on digital edition or something and also test it on high profile games due to sell well. EA may try with Battlefield 5 or some other high profile game
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down