Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?

3 posters

Go down

Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?  Empty Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?

Post by Willow Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 am

Was thinking about this question, personally I don't mind anymore. One of the advantages of a boxed game was you get an instruction manual, but even that is going as many games don't have a manual anymore.

And since digital games can be tied to your account there is no concern about a disc breaking and becoming unusable

While not a broke disc a case in point, I purchased Half Life 2 Episode 1 on DVD, when released but I found when a new version of windows was released the disc would not work on it, thankfully for me because the game was locked to my account I could then download it no problem.

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?  Empty Re: Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?

Post by Shifty McNinja Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:01 am

I don't mind either way, i do like having the physical case, and looking at my 'collection'.

But it is helpful to have digital too. Case in point, I couldn't find the last of us anywhere...so just downloaded it form the Playstation store.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?  Empty Re: Do you care if games are boxed or download anymore?

Post by RIGHTEOUS SOUL Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Well, I'm bound to say disc based for two reasons. One is that I often trade in games when I have completed them, the other is that I get staff discount is one of the only perks left at my job!!!
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down