Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

World Of Tanks

3 posters

Go down

World Of  Tanks Empty World Of Tanks

Post by Shifty McNinja Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:24 am

Right ok guys have been whoring this since I got into the beta and by and large it is almost as enjoyable as the pc version.

You start of with the first tank for the Yanks and the Germans, and then 'grind' that tank to earn credits (to buy new tanks/pay for research) and earn XP ( to research new tanks).

There are 10 tiers of tanks ranging form entry lvl at 1 to badass at 10 aswell as 5 different classes.

The classes are:
1. Light tanks (Good for scouting enemy positions and arty killers)
2. Medium Tanks ( Good for flanking and assault)
3. Heavy tanks ( These spearhead your attack)
4. Tank Destroyers ( (good for sniping and base defense)
5. Self Propelled guns (arty). ( very good armour penetration, but are weakly armoured themselves).

There are only 3 maps in the beta, but there will be so many more when it comes out proper.

Currently there are only two selectable nations (U.S. & Germany) but in the pc version there is also Russian, Chinese, British and French, so would expect these to be made available either on full launch or in episodic updates after launch.

Graphics wise, very impressed, and your Hangar (The screen where you choose your tank etc) is much better than the pc.
Gameplay wise also very good, took me a while to get the hang of the controller instead of mouse and keyboard.. ledt stick is your forward and reverse and the right stick turns your tank with LT being your gun scope and RT being your fire.

Every tank can be kitted out with 3 slots for upgrades such as extra camo or a gun rammer to decrease main gun load times. every tank also has 3 consumable slots where you can equip a fire extinguisher to put out a fire in your engine bay or even chocolate to give your crew a % skill boost for the battle.

Every tank has armour ratings for it's turret (unless it is does not have a turret of course), and hull. and each is broken down into front, side and rear.

Every gun has a min/max penetration so you will have the situation where you cannot penetrate certain tanks, this is where the team work comes in, as you try to help team mates with better tanks take down tanks you can't.

Every tank has a different speed, and a rate of climb (up steep surfaces).

All of these stats can be improved by researching packages, which allow you to improve your tank, and then move on to the next tier of tank in that line. This though is my man dislike of the console version, as on the PC you can research modules individually, for example I always try to get the better gun first, as well as improved tracks to to take the extra weight of the new gun/turret. but to make it more reseearch for dummies I guess, it now adds a couple of things per package.

Now my issue is with this is that the top gun you can research is not always the best gun, but if I don't use the best gun, I can't have the best engine.. you catch my drift?.

Voice chat is enabled for everyone, but I assume you will be able to 'platoon up' as we do on the pc and have three of you in a platoon in a private channel

if you wish, also there is a 'tank company' you can form which allows you to fight with 15 of your friends.

Clan Wars: Not sure if they are going to bring this to console but it comprises of a world map, and each territory is assigned a game map, and is held by a clan. You can choose to assault a region and at which point you fight 3/4 rounds against other invaders for the right to fight the owner of the region. If you win that you get the region and an income of 'gold' thsi can be used to buy premium subscriptions, Premium ammo or premium tanks.

Premium Subscription: this you pay for in gold to increase the amount of credits and XP you earn in each battle.

All in all I got the beta monday, and even with 2 days of no internet have still logged almost 30 hours on it, and this is just the beta.

The beta is available on the dash, I highly recommend everyone gives it a shot.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

World Of  Tanks Empty Re: World Of Tanks

Post by RIGHTEOUS SOUL Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 am

Downloading it now bud
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 am

sweet, There is a lot to take in as Speed is slowly finding out, they haven't fully explained the mechanics of a lot of things so I am here for any questions as it is fairly similar to the PC counterpart.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:55 am

wait until I play it, they you will learn the meaning of destruction! Very Happy 

all by accident of course!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:57 am

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Lol as I said to you on live willow, hopefully this could be our new chrome hounds Smile
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:47 am

well I realise none of ya play this but I am now second in the world on the beta, and think I am gonna be pretty much glued to this game for months to come.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 am

This Game is now on open BETA until the 10th November. After that regestration is closed until the full game comes out.

This weekend they are giving away free tanks for playing a certain amount of games that will be come available when the full game comes out.

Also they are giving out 2000 gold to test out the ingame purchasing system, so now is the best time to give it a try.

Also you will get to play in a platoon with the number 1 player in the world Smile
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down