Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

General Chat: December

3 posters

Go down

General Chat: December Empty General Chat: December

Post by SturmKommando Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:34 am

Well the end of the year is almost upon us, feel free to chat about whatever your up to this month!
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

General Chat: December Empty Re: General Chat: December

Post by Willow Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:27 am

been playing a free to play game today on PS4, Blacklight Retribution and its not a bad game!

It's nice that shooters on PS4 use the R2 button instead of R1 on PS3 or as it is on Xbox (the equivalent) you now use the RT instead of RB which was a bit daft!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 am

I never liked when games on PS3 used R2 for shoot and L2 for aim. Much preferred the R1 and L1 combination. Hopefully there is a setting to change it in most games though. Although it is equivalent to using it the same as an Xbox controller it just didnt feel right to me.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 am

I thought shooters on PS3 used R1 (the top or shoulder button)?

anyway the controls are exactly like on Xbox now, COD ghosts plays brilliantly! I tell you never use the PS3 controller after PS4! You really notice the difference!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 am

Yeah they did but some games adopted the R2 and L2 model but was changable in the settings. Killzone was an example of this.

Noticed that Xbox One and PS4 are going for quite a bit more then most people would have paid for them in stores and online right now. Over £500 for either console!!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 am

one thing I like about these new systems is that they pinched the activity feed system from steam which tells you what achievements friends got, and clips uploaded ect
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:53 am

well based on some searching Killer Instinct does require you to pay to get achievements. So its really a glorified demo not some free to play game then

I want the game for the original Killer Instinct arcade game here is a video on you tube with the Nintendo bit in (bet that's gone on the XBO version!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85C7bF0osAc

checked out the page on xbox.com http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/games/killer-instinct

what concerns me is the season 1 talk. so if you pay the £34.99 you get season 1, but let me guess another £34.99 for season 2? could be an expensive game.

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:43 am

well I caved in and bought peggle 2 and killer instinct it was £31.99 for the complete KI not the £34.99 I quoted, KI also showed me the original KI install page as well (1994 game)

its called Killer Instinct classic, to play such a good version of the original! snes version was cut down quite a bit
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:35 pm

im back at work tomorrow after a week off spent mainly doing stuff to my house. Ive got about 30% through GTA V and am enjoying it massively!

i might even go out and buy BF4 on 360, i was originally gonna wait for the next gen version but thats still a few months away (at least) and still no official word on a xbox one release date here - i gave up on importing one due to the problems people have had with it (messing round with foreign accounts and problems with updates etc)
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 pm

looks like updates for Xbox One and PS4 and on the way

http://www.oxm.co.uk/67891/xbox-one-mandatory-system-update-rolls-out-today/

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/12/11/ps4-system-update-1-52-on-the-way-more-improvements-to-system-software-stability/

It's a good thing I bought peggle 2 and KI, was not really enjoying my XBO anymore. Don't play Fifa much, BF4 is broke and Forza is not as good as I hoped. Looks like I bought all the best games on PS4.

I suppose it was inevitable. Once the new system features arrive and decent games do it will be a much better system. I did even consider selling it I was that fed up but I am enjoying Peggle 2 and KI so will stick with it
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:03 am

shop to have super mario 3d world in for £32.86 for the wii u, looks like I will have to buy this then (its £50 on wii u shop!)

Have you noticed some main Wii U titles are based on 3DS games.

new super mario and Mario 3D world were on 3DS!

amazing games though!
I have had this and the zelda game (finished it on cube but want a HD version) on my wii u list.
Notice like may nintendo users I buy Nintendo games on Wii U and 3rd party on Xbox or Playstation!

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:16 am

well I have my copy of Super Mario 3D world, brilliant game

Shopto have reduced the price AGAIN, it was £32 the other day now its less than £30? Its the wii U's biggest game yet if you look at Shopto Nintendo top sellers its not even in the top 10!

I can't shake the feeling they have ordered loads of copies expecting it to sell, and it hasn't sold very well!
If what I suspect is true Nintendo are in REAL trouble now
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:38 am

well new games have arrived on PS+ to download, I noticed the other day they had a sale on season pass for Borderlands 2 normally £19.99 it was £10 or £9 (£8.99) for PS+ subscribers. I noticed something crafty the sale ended just before BL2 arrived on plus! So I purchased the season pass the other day! While the sale was on

Also have DMC to play as well!

I can pretty much live on PS+ titles on PS3 now, which is what I am more or less doing now as next gen systems are out, the only big PS3 title I'm looking forward to buying now is Final Fantasy X / X2 which I enjoyed on PS2 (its one of those PS2 HD upgrade type games)

Have noticed quite a few sales on 360 / PS3 in recent days, I suspect the shopping frenzy caused by Steam christmas sales has encouraged console sales, which is good as at one time I said I would never buy a games on demand game on 360 due to price. Not paying £50 for a game I can get for £40 or less boxed. But games on sale I have no issue with. It also encourages sales on games that have sold more or less as much as they can do and no need to print loads more copies. A win, win really I guess!

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Merry christmas/happy holidays to everyone! Hope santa brings everything you wanted, assuming you've been good (Sturm, well.....) Wink Have a good day!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:14 am

Yes Merry Christmas and happy gaming to everyone look forward to many games with the rest of you next year, hopefully BF4 will be fixed by then!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:21 pm

cheers i was good Kam, but Santa just brought me night shifts for Christmas so i didnt have much f a festive time (although i did manage to have dinner with some friends),

Im now on my last working night untill the 6th January (a week on monday) and im going back to the UK to see my family.

Ive just completed GTA V on 360 and enjoyed it thoroughly, its not a huge game but ive still got about 25% of the missions to do (as you can finish without doing everything in order). I also havent tried out the multiplayer yet but will give it a whirl when im back after my break (assuming i dont go crazy and buy an xbox one from the UK - which is a strong possibility at the moment!)  Very Happy 
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down