Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Goodbye Mr X!

4 posters

Go down

Goodbye Mr X! Empty Goodbye Mr X!

Post by Kamikaze Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:46 am

I have come to the conclusion and I am selling my Xbox One as soon as possible.

1: I Never play it.
2: Thats a lot of money sat there gathering dust!
3: Everything I want to play is coming to PC, for cheaper.
4: I have a PC.
5: STEAM SALES.
6: Need the money for a car/trip away.

Yes I know a lot of you guys dont have a PC so I can no longer play with you but I know I will be buying an Xbox One again, maybe sometime next year when I am done with my A levels perhaps? Still going to be on here and be willing to talk to you guys, just wont be able to play any Xbox games with you.

See most of you on the Battlefield, some time next year! Smile
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Mr X! Empty Re: Goodbye Mr X!

Post by Willow Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 am

its a shame you are selling but reality is it takes a while for the good games to arrive.
You also forgot to mention games are better on PC as well!

Hopefully Battlefield 4 will be working properly by then, I also have the PC version if you want a game on that when it works properly
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 am

Well games arent always better on PC willow, look at Ghosts!

Yeah, it seems better on PC then it did on One but I will have to play it more to be able to say whether or not it is actually fixed!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 am

I was meaning when developed properly and not slap dash as seems to be with some games recently!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 am

So the One has gone! Sold with all games for £500. Lost about £100 overall but im sure I got my £100's worth over the last few months of having it! Smile
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:42 am

you were never on it! would have been cheaper to play the demo unit in Game  Very Happy 

To be fair I have hardly been on mine as well.

In all honesty never thought you would sell it. Probably not worth buying a new console at launch, more expensive and the games are just new versions of games for previous consoles with the odd one or 2 that are exclusive.

For me the fact that BF4 which was expected to be amazing has been a failure. I was expecting loads of online games with the rest of you on this site. Only used the party chat once on it!

and I guess for you games such as Titan Fall and Watch Dogs are on PC as well (in 1080p!) and cheaper as well, so I can understand you wanting to sell your Xbox One. One of my friends at work is also selling his XBO as well.

Maybe people expected too much of it at first I don't know.

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 am

Yeah I probably should have waited a year perhaps for the games to come out for it and for it to drop in price. Oh well, too late now!

Dad traded his One in too and get a PS4 and he is loving it so much more. He says that even though there isnt all the voice commands to get around the UI, its much easier to use and A LOT quicker so it better. Plus with the Tomb Raider thing today and the One being 30fps lower!!

Going to be a PC gamer for ages, dont judge me!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:52 am

I told you PS4 was better than Xbox One, I never used the voice commands so it was a bit clunky on XBO. PS4 interface is kept simple the top row for store, friends, messages ect and bottom row for games, plus that controller so nice!

Did you know that on Xbox One Kinect uses 10% of the GPU power! which would make a difference between the 2 graphics chips even more!

I won't judge I'm a PC gamer to, I follow a PC master race guy on twitter (really funny comments) https://twitter.com/MasterPCRace

strange last gen people who bought PS3's went to 360, seems the other way now!
Reality is MS don't have those advantages over Sony this time, they are not

* Launching sooner
* Cheaper
* System easier to develop for
* PS4 has excellent controller
* Getting free PS4 games already (only indie games atm on Plus but still!)
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:24 am

i guess this is almost the end of the road for gaming with you lads, its grown less over the last year or so as your down the PC route and im sticking with the console (xbox).

ill hang around the site still to see whats happening but i dont see you lads using/getting the One anytime soon and i doubt i will get a PS4 for at least a year or more (if ever!). I used to enjoy my PC gaming back in the 'day of defeat' mod days but i just cant justify buying a PC to game on.

hopefully we will get the odd game on a console at some point!
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:25 am

yes it does seem like the end of the line Sturm, even on the original Xbox I was buying more games on PS2. As well as many PC games, it was only really 360 generation I shifted over to Xbox, mainly because of Sony's mess ups with the PS3 to be honest which are now fixed.

I don't regret buying an Xbox, tend to buy all the systems. If I never got the 360 would not be on this site now and having played so many great games with you all
I still have my 360 and all my games and my Xbox One (with Battlefield 4, a game I was hoping the group could have had some great games on) up to now its not equalled the 360 and the amazing times on COD2 (when the series was still good) but still early day's.

I'll will be able to play some BF4 on XBO sometime Sturm, if they ever fix the game properly. In the end times change, many people who we used to game with on COD / BF, I have hardly had a game with in ages. I look back at the 360 era as some golden age, its too soon to tell if this generation is just as good. Might be, but I doubt it could be as revolutionary !

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:27 am

Oh dont get me wrong Sturm, I WILL BE BACK. Just at this moment in time I cannot justify having that amount of money laying around doing nothing where theres not really any games out for it.

Some time next year perhaps when I have some money available to spend and time to be able to play it!

Dont want this to be the end of our gaming experience together, just going to be a break from consoles for me whilst I have a PC powerful enough to be able to go about keeping in touch with you guys and still playing games at their full potential!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:51 am

ill still be around, probably playing Black Flag still as im currently obsessed with this game.

I moved up 1000 places in the world rankings today (think im at 17000 now).

I cant get enough of whale hunting  Embarassed Shocked Razz 
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:11 am

I enjoy AC games, played them so much when I go out I look at a building and think how do I scale that!

probably be a new AC game by then!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 am

I must admit I do love my xbox One, would be on it a whole lot more if it wasn't for the pesky world of Tanks Beta.

I have thought of selling, but to be honest everyone was bitching about BF4 not being as good as PS4, and I see no issues with it graphically. Maybe I will get a PS4 when they make them so they don't wobble, that would just really annoy me lol.

World of tanks finally comes out of Beta at the end of this week, so I will back to square one, and will probably devote my time and energy to that and the clan I am in..

Sturm I haven't touched BF4 for a while as was hating the online, hopefully they have sorted it out.

Been loving dead rising 3 though, think I spent all of Sunday on it lol.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:58 am

I think its really down to lack of games at the moment since you can get most games on 360, some bought them on that so there was little for the new systems

Reality is its always a bit slow when new consoles are released because you get these cross generation games and rushed out the door games (BF4) that needed a few months more in the oven

my guess is by the end of the year games for the XBO will be in full flow especially now they can use power reserved for Kinect (Kinect uses 10% of GPU power)

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/175463-microsoft-to-boost-xbox-one-gpu-performance-by-making-kinect-optional

I hardly switch on my XBO anymore, but that's down to the games, BF4 (obvious), not much of a Fifa fan, and Forza 5 just bugged me for some reason.
I am looking at getting the new Lego game on XBO though so should help

Shifty, what wobble?
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 pm

When you lean down on one of the corners of the PS4 Willow it wobbles. You have to put some serious pressure on it though for it to happen! Say like putting a fat PS3 on top would do the trick.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down