Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Battlefield Hardline announced.

3 posters

Go down

Battlefield Hardline announced. Empty Battlefield Hardline announced.

Post by SturmKommando Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 pm

The newest Battlefield has been announced and will be known as Battlefield Hardline (im sure we will all just be lazy and call it BF5 though?)

Details are supposedly sketchy at present as its not due to be officially unveiled untill E3 on the 9th June: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/hardline

As always seems to happen though someone has made a monumental mistake and what was supposed to be footage for 'internal use only' has appeared on the web. Anyway heres part of the video but dont blame me if its gone before you wake up - it looks like they are getting it taken down as quickly as possible (3 videos i saw within the last 30 minutes have all gone due to 'copyright' issues!)

SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Hardline announced. Empty Re: Battlefield Hardline announced.

Post by Kamikaze Thu May 29, 2014 9:27 pm

I've seen the whole video before it was taken down and it looked a bit 'meh'. Same as PayDay in terms of concept with that little Battlefield twist. Far from going to call it BF5 as BF4 still doesn't even work properly, nearly 7 months after release!

Based from what I have seen in the video and the fact it isn't being made by DICE, I'm pretty sure I am going to give this a miss at the start, may pick it up later on cheaper though.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Thu May 29, 2014 11:12 pm

first thing to hit me was 'cops vs robbers has been done in counterstrike'?

i honestly wasnt that impressed with the whole concept, maybe i will be swayed later in its development but im just not feeling it right now.

i genuinely hoped the next BF would restore my confidence in the brand but this doesnt look like its doing it - especially as its rumoured to have less players and smaller maps for a faster experience, errr thats just CoD then? i played BF3 for the more tactical approach to FPS, if i want CoD i will buy CoD! (as for BF4 i have completed the single player and played 1, yes only 1 game online! thats shocking for someone who played BF3 and BFBC2 to death!)
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Fri May 30, 2014 12:33 am

It seems like everything in this has been done before in one game or another. Battlefield, Counter Strike, Pay Day.

I'm the same, not that impressed but will continue to look into it. They have said that the video is over 6 months old though, not saying that is totally true but still.

BF4 is just a disappointment after BF3 being so good. With DICE revealing that they are STILL to send out the update to 'fix' all of the problems with it. It definitely isn't just one platform though as I've had issues with it on PS3, Xbox One and PC! Will just wait and see what happens.

Don't think it will be a while until Battlefield 5 is announced, let alone released! If it is soon then EA will just be shooting themselves in the foot and it could potentially be the end of the Battlefield series we have come to love.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri May 30, 2014 5:15 am

when you consider all the hype for BF4 and expectations, I have never seen such a game take such a fall. As you mentioned the game has been bad on all systems, its not a PSN XBL, Origin issue its the game.

When people moan about a game getting delayed first thing I say is look at BF4, would you rather have a unfinished buggy game that may have on its own destroyed the brand or wait a few more months maybe even an extra year. I would rather wait! Watch Dogs was delayed so was a few other games for various systems recently.

I only got to the 2nd level on BF4, I stopped playing after my game save kept vanishing and had to restart, I still don't know if I should start again though!

By the way if you have a PC EA are giving a free copy of BF3 away for nothing! Its great in full glory on the PC!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down