Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Gamescom2012

3 posters

Go down

Gamescom2012 Empty Gamescom2012

Post by BoutrosGhali Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:40 am

Hi Guys,
Well Gamescom has been and gone and I have to say I was really impressed with my first gamescom, not only by the content but also how it was ran, considering it was nearly 37 degrees outside all day long they still managed to keep the arenas a reasonable temperature with all the bodies inside and the all the hardware running at full capacity. Not to mention it was full of hot chicks!

So I didn’t get any interesting photos as we were not allowed to take photos or film while in the game play arenas, but I did play the new Medal of honor, warfighter and I have to say it is impressive, you can see the development of the frostbite 2 engine in the movement of the players, the class system is a little different from the last installment and I’m still a little confused by it to be honest.

I love the fact you can choose from nearly all the Special Forces from all the major nations (or where the game will be sold….. funnily enough!).It also has a kick ass sound track from Linkin Park.

Another highlight while playing warfighter is we got to use a new type of controller for the Xbox and PC, the main difference is that it is vented in all the right places to stop the hands getting sweaty when the heat is on, and I have to say I hate it when that happens!! I am even more excited about this game now!!

I also played FIFA 13; I can describe this in 3 words, sexy, smooth and slick. The tricks that are possible are just sick. There is now a challenge mode where you have hit targets in the goal, and if you hit the targets you get XP, this is done in the arena and I assume the challenges get harder the more you do, as I could only play a exhibition match I had to dribble the ball between posts in the skill drill while I waited for the game to load instead of taking pot shots at some poor goal keeper.

I also played some random retro C64 game, as they had over 60 machines there as a tribute for the 30th, yes that is correct 30th birthday of the C64, there were also other classics there to play such as Master system 1, Atari’s, along with some classic arcade games like pole position and Asteroids.

There were queues of 1>3 hours and possibly more to play games so that is why we only played 3 of the new games on offer as there was allot of things to see inside and out.

The 3rd game we played was the new Doom 3D, we have mixed reviews of this, I loved it and thought the 3D effects really added to the game, such as gun smoke, Sturm couldn’t get away with it and it was starting to give him a bad head, but it made me think about buying this title as I think it gives more “depth” to the franchise…sorry

But I seen no info on Half Life 3, sorry willow, think it may have been announced or mentioned in the days before we went as it was the last day of events when we turned up.

Other games that were on offer

COD: Black Ops 2

Hitman: Absolution

Star wars: Old republic

Rambo: The video Game

Borderlands 2

Various mobile games for tablets and phones.

Star Craft 2

The Sims

Need for Speed undercover (DLC)

Battlefield 3 (Armored Kill DLC)

Guild Wars 2

WoW Pandoria

These are just the ones I can remember!

Over all I think it was one of the best 15 euros I have spend and will be going next year but I think we will make a whole weekend out of it as the Gamescom takes over the whole city with the convention it self and  mini music festivals all over the beautiful city of cologne. You could happily spend 2 days in the convention seeing everything and playing the games and at nights out partying, did I mention it was full of hot girls? There is also a beach beside the Rhine in the city right next a nice bar, So I think it should be a good candidate for a BFX boys weekend?.

P.s.

Don’t if you guys have seen it on Facebook but they had guys there dressed as Agent 47 and god, did he look like the character, like, scarily like the character.

Boutros out…….

BoutrosGhali
BoutrosGhali

Back to top Go down

Gamescom2012 Empty Re: Gamescom2012

Post by RIGHTEOUS SOUL Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm

I would love to go to that mate. Will have to look into prices for flights, accomadation and other stuff and hopefully go it next year.

RIGHTEOUS SOUL
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoutrosGhali Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Well you can fly into at least 3 different airports that are no more than 2 hours away and depending on numbers I'm sure me and sturm can help with accommodation, or if your just over for the weekend, you can fly directly into cologne and we could pick you guys up, also there is camping available for the convention, so you can make it as cheap as you want, but still got a year to plan iit though. Would nice to get all you boys over though, bfx on tour!!! :-)
BoutrosGhali
BoutrosGhali

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 am

ill be the travel agent ! Laughing

flights from the North (leeds bradford) to cologne are about 100 euros or to dusseldorf weeze are about 50 euro.

flights from the south (stansted) to maastricht are about 100 euro.

Hotels or accomodation we can sort out cheap or for free!

anyway back to the event - i didnt like MOH when i 1st played it, however i discovered ther was a flaw in my system, although the controls were set up correct;y whenever i aimed down the scope it switched me to a 3rd person view where i was looking back at myself. Once i figured this out and didnt use it i realised i really liked it so its on my list of games to buy. The new 'Fire Support' system in MP should be pretty cool.

FIFA i didnt play as it was a long queue and i took the opportunity to get some drinks and wander round while Boutros was playing it - suffice to say he was still showing a competitive streak, especially the face pulling Very Happy

Doom was quite good but yes the 3D gaming was starting to give me a headache and made me feel a bit dizzy, maybe i was tired, maybe it was the heat (as i have no problem watching 3D films) - i probably wont get it but thats just my opinion, its not to say its a poor game - just not my cup of tea.
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by SturmKommando Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:29 am

oh and btw i cant stress enough how nice a place Cologne is for wandering round, drinking and eating - the Germans there are very friendly (i watched some games on the big screens there at the 2010 world cup).

PPS - to add to what Bouros said, there was some VERY fine women there, i actually commented a few times that i was surprised how many women were there (ok there was younger lasses which i expected but there was definitely quite a few my age!)
SturmKommando
SturmKommando

Back to top Go down

Post by RIGHTEOUS SOUL Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:08 am

Well i am quite sure that i could stretch to that.

Its about time i used my passport again. Depending on a few things my end, Count me in for next year boys!!!
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
RIGHTEOUS SOUL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum