Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

New surround sound system

Go down

New surround sound system Empty New surround sound system

Post by Willow Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Been looking at getting a new one to replace my 2006 Sony surround sound system for some time.

For various technical reasons I want a Bluray system which has a HDMI input (I think the one I'm looking at has 2 inputs which is even better!) as consoles like the Wii U either have no optical output (no surround unless through HDMI) or new systems put out better sound that optical cant output at full resolution. A Blu ray that uses DTS master audio has a bit rate beyond what optical connection can provide same with the new Dolby and un compressed PCM audio.

It also supports SACD which I have a few discs so that's a plus, usually only Sony supports the format now. They did on the original PS3 but then pulled support from the slim onwards

Since I have delayed the new PC until next year and looking at around May at the earliest now I did look at what I can get. I can afford the new surround system now, and the new PC (with a value of up to £1870) by May maybe even £1900 - £2000. I priced up one NOW with a 780 for less than £1700 so I have a bit of room to up spec it a bit if needed also if new chips are slightly more I will be ok.

The 880 is due to be announced September and some companies (Overclockers) are starting to say they are getting DD4 in now. In reality it will be next year before all these new bits are available in mass and costs not extreme.

I have left myself money to go out on my birthday and buy many of the games which swamp the next few months of the year and spend on the steam sales. I have been trying to find a balance, and I think I have found it, just seems to me why wait to get a new surround sound system when I can get one, pretty much now and enjoy Bluray's and games in better quality audio.

This is the system I'm looking at currently http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems/bdv-n7200w#product_details_default

will be making my mind up in the next few weeks I think!

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

New surround sound system Empty Re: New surround sound system

Post by Willow Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:56 am

Been testing my new surround sound system on more games and Blurays. I noticed the new systems (Wii U only supports uncompressed audio) only support old formats such as the old Dolby Digital (640kbps on XBO) DTS (1.5 Mbps on XBO) or uncompressed audio 6.9 Mbps on Xbox One / PS4 / Wii U. Had been wondering why no new DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby True HD, (they can use them on Bluray films) but my guess is down to licencing. Plus no need if you can use uncompressed audio !

Those rates are based on 5.1 audio
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum