Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Headset included

3 posters

Go down

Headset included Empty Headset included

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:24 am

Microsof have announced that the Xbox one will ship with a bundled mic. Happy days.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Headset included Empty Re: Headset included

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:26 am

It also comes with a stage 2 hdmi suitable for 1080p streaming and 3D.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 am

all HDMI cables are capable of 1080p 3d, I think you also mean 4K!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:12 am

no not all HDMI cables willow, I believe only 1..4 and possibly 1.3 are capable of doing it efficiently.

No mention of 4k as that is a long way of form being an everyday item.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 am

4k is only 3-4 years away from being an everyday item though Shifty and MS have said that the X1's life cycle is planned to be 10 years! They are only planning ahead and saving us from having to go and buy them at a later date!

I am happy that they have decided to make another u-turn and ship the headset with the console as it saves me from having to buy one!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 am

I doubt 4k mainstream is 3-4 years away with current 4k screens costing in excess of £15,000, And when I say mainstream I mean popping down to tesco and picking one up for £500 as you can do for LED now. If you catch my drift.

But who knows, you may be right.

Also found out the One has a power brick, little disappointed there as thought it would be internal this time around.

Been reading good things about the kinect sensor and how quiet the Xbone is.

Is it me or is Sony really quiet right now and only announcing things to one up on M$?

-M$ say 5 mins of DVR, Sony say 15 mins DVR.
-M$ say 1000 friends, Sony then say 2000 friends.
-M$ reveal what you will need a gold subscription for DVR, Sony say you won't with them.

Now I realise alot of you love Sony, but why are Sony not coming out and telling us this stuff and just reacting to M$ each and every time they announce something.

I was thinking ( very dangerous I know), But I kind of feel Sony know they can't trail the xbox this time round, and so are sitting on their laurels waiting for M$ to do something, so they can counter and look good.

Every time I search for info on the PS4, I get barely anything new... even Marc Cerny has gone quiet, was kinda hoping he would show us around the console.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:49 am

And yes willow I I know the PS3 has sold more than the 360, but without Japan it would of struggled, the 360 is the highest selling console here and in the states between the two, If my research is correct. Think I read too that the UK is pretty much 360 dominated, but can't remember.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:49 pm

but Xbox is totally dead in Japan! PS3 is not dead here! PS3 has outsold Xbox in europe though. Xbox is popular in UK and USA

As for 4K DONT BOTHER with PS4 and Xbox One they simply don't have the power to run high end games like BF4 at that resolution, only a top spec PC will have (currently!)

Its not my fault MS are inferior Very Happy 

did you read what someone from id said about the new kinect? Basicly that it was crap its just too slow

Reality is Xbox One is just ONE U Turn after u turn again and again! So MS have gone back on themselves Very Happy 

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:03 pm

but I have pre-ordered both consoles as I expect both of them to offer some good games, just like other generations, it will be next year we see the real classic games arrive proper!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:35 pm

no carmac said there will always be lag, only sony fanboys translate that to 'kinect is crap, it's slow'.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Carmac also went on to say his other main issue with kinnect is the fact he thinks any kind of input device should have buttons, but if they could get kinect to a point where if you pressed something and kinect would recognise that, it would start to become viable for him.

And either way ID have done nothing other than rage for years, so I would rather listen to more relevant developers who are looking to do new things and stretch new boundaries.

None of us have tried kinect, and I can only post what I find, and so far all I have found is positive reviews from journalists that have tried it. I just don't get why people have to hate on it so much.
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:51 am

I dont like motion controls! Laughing 

seriously I'm not a sony fan boy, I'm a fan boy for all the systems!

I will give this new kinect a try, before I decide if it will be any good, but wii motion controls, PS3 move and 360 kinect just were not my cup of tea

It will take a lot to change my mind and I have yet to see anything about the new kinect that will impress me

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:24 am

The wii when it came out was impressive but now its dated technology and no one is interested in it, one of the reasons why i think people havent taken to ps move like it was expected too.

The kinect while quite impressive didnt work as planned due to the technology not quite being there at the time for it to be responsive enough. Kinect atm i feel is terrible, doesnt register sound or movement properly like it should and was demoed so many times at E3 for years! I do feel kinect 2.0 will be a massive improvement over kinect but due to the reputation of kinect people will stay away from kinect 2.0 and it wont be as big a part of peoples X1 experience as MS are hoping it will be. I will try it out to the best of my ability and the space i have available but tbh i will mainly use it (if at all) for voice commands between applications and games etc.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:50 am

I agree with what you say Kam, also with kinect on xbox 360 they could only give limited cpu power and RAM (which current systems are very short of!) to it. I know for a fact that the new kinect will be able to use much more memory and cpu power, so in theory should be much better.

In a years time we will know if it is successful or not

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:40 am

It will be used for so much more than that guys, think out of the box, for example In Dead rising 3 you can shout, and it will be picked up by kinect, and the zombies will hear you. SO you can either lure them to you, or maybe if you are sneaking around and someone in the room with you makes an unexpected loud sound, lol, can just imagine me turning to the mrs and shushing her as I don't wanna be heard by the zombies lol.

Not sure why everyone is only thinking of kinect as a motion controller. I expect better from you guys Smile
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 am

Yes its also used for voice commands and gimmicks like you mentioned but tbh if you take away the kinect functions the game isnt impossible to complete. Thats the thing, all this stuff with the kinect for game features are gimmicks which generally wont affect gameplay. Thats not to say i wont try it out, of course i will, not spending £430 on something and then never using it! I personally think i will primarily have my kinect turned off but hey, who knows. My experience with it could completely change my mind!
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 am

I get your point
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down