Battlefield-X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 176 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am
Poll
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Twitter Feed

Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro

3 posters

Go down

Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro Empty Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro

Post by Kamikaze Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:38 am

Announced today and I watched the video in the link below and it looks really really good!!

Due to it looking good and the fact that it will help me out massively in school with my work (spend 75% on computers and the ones at school are the worst ever. 1gb RAM.), I am considering saving a little bit more and buying a 128GB version with the touch keyboard cover thingy instead of my Xbox One. Admittedly that does come to about £710 but I could use it everywhere and would help. I would love to have an Xbox One at launch and I have enough money for one now but tbh A Levels is already much harder than GCSE and being on the computers so much it would help MASSIVELY.

What do you guys think I should do? Would it be a waste of money or not?
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

https://battlefieldx.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro Empty Re: Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro

Post by Willow Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:11 am

while I'm sure they would be good £700+ for a tablet? seems like a rip off to me. You already have your new desktop so do you need a tablet as well?
and would it have the programs (no apps sorry!) you would need?

I personally would say don't bother with it, but the real question is do you need a surface 2? You would be better off with a Samsung tablet and that functions just like my S3 phone!

you think computers with 1GB ram are old when I first went to school computers had 32KB of memory!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro Empty Re: Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro

Post by Kamikaze Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:24 am

They come with microsoft office pre installed and run windows 8.1 so would run the things i need.

Yes i got my desktop but i cant exactly take that everywhere with me. Were not allowed to use our phones/tablets in class but with that i can get away with it being classed as a laptop.

It is a tablet/laptop so for £650 (student discount) it isnt too bad. 8gb ram,128gb storage, i5, windows 8.1 and microsoft office pre installed is a pretty good deal. And it also being touch screen as well. Is a good deal but dont know whether i want to sacrfice my xbox one for it......
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 am

Office is always a great program, I use the 2010 pro edition. That's one advantage MS tablets have over say an iPad or other tablet

windows 8.1 should work well with a touch screen after all that's what the interface was designed for!

The thing is its still a tablet, not laptop. Have you just thought of getting a laptop?

I would wait and see if you can get any more info on the surface 2 before deciding!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Its a tablet that can work just the same as a laptop with the keyboard attached though.

I can get student discount on it which takes is down by about £150 which helps but it will still be about £650.

Going to look into whether i would be able to pay for it in monthly installments or something so i could have both the surface pro 2 and an xbox one! Razz
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:41 am

so microsoft dont offer a monthly payment method for their products. damn.

And i got the wrong product, the one i am looking at without student discount is.... £1039.99 :L Yeah.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 am

get a Tesco tablet then! Razz 

I guess that's it then. Just get an XBO now!
Willow
Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:17 am

Yeah how about no? Looks pretty terrible.

Looking at different sites that stock the 1st gen surface pros and one of them does monthly payments. Need to speak to work about making sure i keep my hours and then i shall decide on whether i am getting it. If i can keep my hours and get the 2nd gen one on a monthly payment program then i will do that and also be able to get my xbox one. If not then i will just get an xbox one.
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty McNinja Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:30 pm

good man
Shifty McNinja
Shifty McNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down